CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Pages

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Its Saturday Sketch Time

Hi there bloggers.  I am back with another challenge entry, this time for The Greeting Farms Club Anya Saturday Sketch.  This  week we are attempting a sketch created by the very talented Jennifer Shults. I was going to combine this card with a "Golden Birthday" challenge set by Sarah Schwerin at Inkurable Stampers.  Unfortunately, I was not able to finalise the card in time but I did have fun experimenting with different embossing methods to achieve a very golden and glossy look and in the end thought it would be a perfect card to enter into the Southern Girls Challenge blog whose theme this week is "Dry Embossing".  So without further ado, here is my latest card.  

For this card, I started off by inking up a piece of white cardstock using distress ink "Antique Linen".  I then dry embossed the piece using "Rays" textured fade by Tim Holtz.  I then ran a clear embossing ink stamp pad over the raised areas of my piece and sprinkled it with a gold embossing powder before heat setting it.  Lastly I distressed the edges using "Walnut Stain".  I stamped my image (I used what I call Cheeky Angel from the Greeting Farm's Naughty or Nice set) on X-press it cardstock using Memento ink in "Rich Cocoa".  I coloured cheeky using copic ciao pens (see colours as listed below).  For the background paper I stamped the music notes on a white piece of cardstock using Kaisercrafts "Music Notes" clear acrylic stamp with the "Rich Cocoa" Memento Ink before once again inking using "Antique Linen" distress ink.  I then distressed the edge with "Worn Lipstick and Walnut Stain" and a distressing tool.  The same was applied to the paper within the frame behind the image.  I hope you like this card.

Until next time, happy stamping/scrapping.

Tash Daly

Paper: Bazzil Cardstock (White), X-press It paper
Image: The Greeting Farm "Naughty or Nice" set, "Anya Says"
Inks: Memento "Rich Cocoa", Distress Inks "Antique Linen", "Worn Lipstick", "Walnut Stain".
Copics: E50,E51,E53,E43,W1,W3,W5,BG10,B00,R02,R22,YR00,E31,E33,E35.
Misc: Bizzy Becs black ticket stub digi, Magnolia Doohickey "Tilda's Lace", Tim Holtz Texture Fades "Rays", Frame created using cricut and "Cindy Loo" cricut cartridge, ribbon is from my stash, Kindy Glitz "Crystalina" and "Aztec Gold", Kaisercraft pearls.



1 comment:

Julie said...

Wow,this is fabulouse,,great embossing too,thanks for sharing this with the Southern Girls. Hope you've had a good weekend,Julie.x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...