CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Pages

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Mahjong Madness

Hi there bloggers, good to be back again however I must tell you I am well and truly stuffed!!!  Quite literally.  Tonight was our Mahjong Club's End of Year Dinner (when I say club I mean, me, my mum, my cousin & my auntie).  Hahaha yeah I know its a little late but we were all too busy prior to Chrissy.  

We try to get together once a fortnight to play Mahjong.  We alternate venue between each others home and the night involves a  nice meal and playing usually till 1 or 2 am.  At the end of the night whoever comes in last pays $4 into the kitty, 3rd pays $3.00, 2nd $2.00 and 1st pays $1.  We only collect $10.00 each night we play but we didn't want to make it too expensive or too much about money and found this works well for us.  

Anyway.... we decided that for our first time we would go to the local League's Club we are members and as members you get a free ticket to their buffet upon renewal which is in the month of your birthday.  Because two of us have only just celebrated our birthday's we had two free tickets, so since our kitty was small we thought this was the best way to take full advantage of what we had.  WELL, I have never been to the all you can eat buffet there before (actually, I was impressed with the quality of the food, it really was great) but the amount of food that was available to choose between was unbelievable.  I have never seen such a wide selection of foods.  Needless to say we all ate very heartily and had a great time.  We then ended up at my mother's and my house for our first Mahjong Challenge for the year.  Whooo hoooo I came 2nd today.  Believe me this is a vast improvement for I usually come in either 3rd or 4th.  

So our night is over, everyone has gone home or in mums case to bed and its time for me to attend to completing a few more challenges.  Back again soon with another entry.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...