CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Pages

Friday, January 7, 2011

Challenge Entry

Well here is my entry for the TGF's Monday Mania Challenge.  This week's challenge is a sketch challenge which was inspired by the this card by one of The Greeting Farm members who goes by the name of "Dictionary".  Its a really cute card.


And here is my take of the sketch.  



You will have to excuse my photography, I am not yet very good at taking these types of photo's.  If anyone has some tips on taking good photo's of your projects I would really appreciate it.  

For this card I have used Bazzil Cardstock, TGF Angel Anya stamp, some odd ribbons and flowers from my stash, a random rub-on from my stash and butterfly paper from DCWV's "Garden Party" Stack.  Copics used include numbers E50,E51,E53,C1,BG10,V000,R20,R02,E31,E33 and E35.  Kindy Glitz in "Crystalina" was also used.  To make my card, I created a scalloped border around the butterfly paper by tearing paper along a "Fiskars" template which includes a scalloped edge ruler (I know, sad, I don't have any Spellbinder dies YET!!) and tearing and gluing the strips down so they just peep out from behind my background paper.  I distressed the edges of my paper using a distressing tool and ranger distress inks in walnut before sewing the paper to the card with my sewing machine.  I cut the circles using the same Fiskars template. The doily was distressed with distress inks in walnut and spun sugar and practically everything else was distressed using walnut distress ink.  I loooooove my distress inks.  That's pretty much it.

Now because one of my resolutions is to enter as many challenges as I can I am going to enter this card into a couple of other challenges.  These other sites include: Flutterby Wednesday's Challenge #136 (include a butterfly, angel or fair) and Cute Cards Thursday Challenge #146 whose theme is "Out With The Old" I used some of my old paper and ribbons as well as a stamp I had not yet got around to using.  There are many talented entries and even more talented Designers so be sure to check them out.  

2 comments:

Emma and Susan said...

WOW......we totally love these cards sweetie....they are amazing and your colouring is FAB!!! We love the pretty papers you have used...just gorgeous!!!
Thankyou for all your amazing comments you leave us we really love every one!!
Big hugs
Emma and Susan
xxx

Danni said...

These are fabulous!! AWesome job! Thanks for playing along with my flutter by challenge!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...